Hey travelers! I wrote recently about the best places to visit in Jeju for a 3-days, 2 nights course, and how to use the Global Taxi or Call Taxi service to get around here Jeju. But for many of us, we like to save money on transportation. Jeju has a lot of intercity buses that will take you all over the island. Let’s explore where bus #701 can take you!
As you can see, there are several places you can visit using by taking just one bus! Bus 701 comes every 18-20 minutes.
- Hamdeok Beach is a popular summer destination for beach goers. You can walk on the white sand or swim in its blue water.
2. Gimnyeong Seongsegi Beach is also one of our top northeast beaches (along with Hamdeok). Soft white sand and wind turbines in the background make this a great photo spot.
3. Seongsan Sunrise Peak on the far east side of Jeju is a popular destination for any visitor to Jeju. The hike up is worth it to see the view of Jeju from its peak.
4. Gwangchigi Beach is not far from Seongsan Sunrise Peak and makes for a good resting place for the Jeju horses. This beach is famous for the moss-covered rocks that goes far out into the ocean during low tide.
5. Honinji is famous for being the “wedding site” of the Samsung legend, where three demi-gods marrie with three Byeokrangguk princesses to form the Tamna nation. Every October, people re-enact the Samsung wedding ceremony during the Honinji Festival, and visitors can also wear traditional wedding clothes.
6. Jeju Folk Village have exhibits that show Jeju’s unique culture and daily life. There are various folk artifacts, traditional houses, and other exhibits. Located in Pyoseonri, it’s about a 20 minute walk from Pyseonri Jeju bank bus stop.
As you can see from our bus map, there are many places to explore by taking bus 701. You probably cannot see them all in one day. But the bus fee is only 1,1150won with a T-money card, so it’s a great way to tour Jeju for budget travelers.
If you have any travel questions, please connect with us on social media.