An important note on Jeju’s updated bus system and this blog post
From August 2017, Jeju Island implemented a new city and intercity bus system. It increased the number of buses in service, while simplifying the routes, fees and numbering system.
Consequently, the contents of this previously published blog post may have changed. We therefore would kindly request that you consult this page for new bus maps in English on VisitJeju.net, and this page on our blog for a chart of the old and new bus route numbers.
If you read Korean, then the province’s official bus system website is a useful and up-to-date resource. We hope you’ll enjoy your travels on Jeju Island!
Hello! Thank you so much for your interest and feedback on our recommended itinerary for Jeju and bus travel on bus 701. Today we’re back with another post about bus traveling. Let’s head west with bus 702!
The west coast has a lot of popular destinations, particularly beaches. Bus 702 comes every 10-20 minutes.
1. Iho Tewoo Beach is a lovely beach on the west coast with the Jeju horse-shaped lighthouse. Take bus 702 to 현사마을 bus stop, and walk for about 7 minutes.
3. The next beach that you can visit by bus 702 is Gwakji Gwamul Beach. It’s a popular weekend spot for swimming with its white sand and blue water.
4. Hyeopjae Beach gives you a great view of Biyangdo, a small islet on the west coast of Jeju. Read more about Hyeopjae here.
5. Hallim Park, with a view of Hyeopjae beach, has almost 100 thousand square meters of land for you to explore. It has many different gardens, a folk village, and even a children’s amusement park. This is the month to check out hydrangea at Hallim Park.
6. Suwolbong is also called the “Hill of Winds.” You can see the beautiful west coast and catch a lovely sunset over the cliff. It’s also designated at a Global Geopark by UNESCO in 2010.
7. Sanbangsan is mountain with a cave in it. After climbing Sanbangsan, you can see a great view of the ocean and rest at the Sanbangsa Temple right on the mountain. In the spring, you can see beautiful canola flowers in front of it.
8. Right by Sanbangsan is Yeongmeori Coast, a beautiful area surrounded by majestic formations of sandstone rocks. Read more about it here.
And you can also visit multiple tourist attractions at Jungmun Resort.
Thank you to everyone who supported and commented on our last bus travel post on bus 701. Please continue to read out blog, share the information with others, and comment so we know how to improve!
If you have any travel questions, please connect with us on social media.