Here are today’s COVID-19 stats issued by Jeju Special Self-Governing Province and the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for Sept. 24, 2020. (Info in English: ncov.mohw.go.kr/en)
-One new case (#59) related to a family member who was in the U.S. (Jeju patient #49) was admitted to hospital. Related: https://bitly.com/32ZhRit
– Two Jeju COVID-19 patients (#46, #50) were discharged from hospital on Sept. 23.
Notes on COVID-19 precautions in Jeju
1) Given the upcoming national holiday of Chuseok (Sept. 30~Oct. 4), Jeju Province is anticipating up to 200,000 domestic visitors during that time. Governor Won Heeryong has asked for the public’s cooperation in following strict COVID-19 prevention measures, including not traveling to Jeju if they are in any way unwell, and to ensure they follow mask use and other protocols (see #2).
2) From Sept. 11 most public spaces are subject to mandatory mask use and temperature checks. Fines of up to 100,000 won are in effect for non-compliance and apply to islanders and tourists alike.
3) In light of recent COVID-19 hotspots, provincial officials have extended the temporary closure of a number of public facilities. They are now scheduled to reopen on Oct. 5. Here is a list: https://bit.ly/2Re8dSb
Please help us keep Jeju Island safe for everyone~! Thank you!
• For all your Jeju travel and safety information: www.visitjeju.net