Here are today’s COVID-19 stats issued by Jeju Special Self-Governing Province and the Korea Disease Control and Prevention Agency for Nov. 26, 2020. (Info in English: ncov.mohw.go.kr/en)
– On Nov. 25, officials with Jeju Special Self-Governing Province announced that three more COVID-19 patients (#71, #72, and #73) had been identified within a 24-hour period. The total now in November, after weeks of zero infections, is 14 confirmed cases (#60 ~ #73).
– Case #71, a Jeju resident, was notified that they had come into contact with an infected individual from the mainland on Nov. 22. They sought COVID-19 testing at Seogwipo Public Health Center’s screening clinic and were given a positive diagnosis. The patient has developed a fever, cough, and sore throat. An epidemiological investigation is underway.
– Case #72 entered Korea on Nov. 19 via Incheon International Airport and tested negative at that time. A subsequent visit to the Jeju Health Center yesterday revealed a positive diagnosis, and this individual was placed in self-isolation and then treatment at Jeju National University Hospital. Their whereabouts in the past few days are being traced by quarantine authorities.
– Case #73 is a Jeju resident who came into contact with an infected individual from Jinju-si, Gyeongsangnam-do, who was on Jeju from Nov. 16 to Nov. 18. A subsequent visit to the Jeju Health Center yesterday revealed a positive diagnosis (the patient complaining of a dry cough and fever). This individual was placed in self-isolation and then treatment at Jeju National University Hospital.
In addition to patient statements, investigators are examining their credit card usage history and on-site CCTV footage to ensure that the health and safety of the general public is maintained.
Please help us keep Jeju Island safe for everyone. Thank you!
• For all your Jeju travel and safety information: www.visitjeju.net