Here are today’s COVID-19 stats issued by Jeju Special Self-Governing Province and the Korea Disease Control and Prevention Agency for Nov. 27, 2020. (Info in English: ncov.mohw.go.kr/en)
– On Nov. 26, officials with Jeju Special Self-Governing Province announced that three more COVID-19 patients (#74, #75, and #76) had been identified within a 24-hour period and admitted to hospital for treatment. This is the first time that in three consecutive days there have been three cases diagnosed on Jeju Island.
– The total now in November, after weeks of zero infections, is 17 confirmed cases (#60 ~ #76).
– Health officials noted that patients #74 and #75 are family members of patient #73, a Jeju resident diagnosed on Nov. 25 who came into contact with an infected individual from Jinju-si, Gyeongsangnam-do, while on Jeju from Nov. 16 to Nov. 18.
In related news:
-Jeju Island remains at Level 1 in the national social distancing protocols, but officials here are closely watching the situation on the ground.
– Since mid-November, individuals who fail to wear protective masks (KF 94, KF 80, KF-AD, surgical and cotton) in businesses, public facilities, buses, etc., will be issued a fine of 100,000 won. Businesses will also be subject to fines of 1.5 to 3 million won in cases of non-compliance.
Please help us keep Jeju Island safe for everyone. Thank you!
• For all your Jeju travel and safety information: www.visitjeju.net