– From our Korean travel diarist –
There are many visitors that like to ride a bicycle while traveling the island.
So for this post I will provide some simple information about doing this. Here are some of my tips and things to check before departure.
1. Don’t think it’ll be too easy.
2. Make sure you have all of the equipment needed for a safe cycle.
3. Choose the cycling course according to your fitness.
4. Keep emergency telephone numbers handy like 1339, which connects you to a 24 hour medical information hotline. Remember local hospital numbers too.
5. Be prepared for changes in the weather.
Jeju Island has well-laid out cycle courses.
There’s a good natural view to be had too. Especially towards the mountains and alongside the ocean. Enjoy stopping at tourists attractions.
Here are the recommended courses on the island.
2-3 Hours | Jeju City – Yongduam – Iho Coastal Road – Dodubong – Iho Beach (return)
1 Day | Jeju City – Yongduam – Iho Coastal Road – Hagwi – Aewol Coastal Road – Aewol Viewing Deck – Hyeopjae Beach
2 Nights 3 Days | Jeju City – Hamdeok Beach – Gimnyoung | Gimnyoung – Seongsan Coastal Road – Udo – Seongsan Ilchulbong – Seopjikoji – Bijarim – Darangshi Oreum – Jeju City
3 Nights 4 Days | (1) Jeju City – Yongduam – Iho Coastal Road – Hagwi – Aewol Coastal Road – Hyeopjae Beach (2) Songaksan – Sanbangsan – Yongmori Coast – Jungmun Resort – World Cup Stadium (3) Seosokkak Estuary – Namwon Keuneong Promenade – Jeju Folk Village Museum – Kim Young-gap Gallery – Seopjikoji – Seongsan Ilchulbong – Gimnyoung Coastal Road – Hamdeok Beach – Yonduam – Yongyeon – Jeju City
Have a good trip!